Download this case study to discover why the online heritage platform won the most prestigious European award in the field:
- Improvement in content and enrichment of the heritage collections:
- 139,000 objects registered up to 2017
- With an average growth of 15,000 objects/year
- 520 collections, all professional museums and over three quarters of all churches in the Provinces of Limburg and Flemish Brabant
- Import and conversion of several databases from professional collections such as museums, libraries, etc.
- Integration of digitization, community involvement and education
- Popularization and broad application of international standards for heritage documentation
- Increased collaboration and exchange between collection managers
- Raising public awareness of the values of cultural heritage
It was not the outstanding software, flashy website or quality knowledge base that made us win the EU's Europa Nostra Award. But rather the entire ‘soft system’, composed of technical tools integrated with the purpose, the processes and the users. The strength of AMPLEXOR as our technical partner since 2005 has always been that they could translate the requirements of our world (cultural heritage) in an efficient system architecture feasible in our limited-budget environment. For each component they helped us find the tools and data model with the best guarantee for interoperability and future-proofness.
Coordinator Erfgoedplus.be* at Province of Limburg
*Winner of the 2017 European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage - Europa Nostra Awards